Kim serves an Of Counsel role at BPM, supervising accounting, audit, review and compilation engagements performed for corporations, s-corporations, limited partnerships, partnerships, estates, trusts and nonprofit organizations. A portion of Kim’s practice is forensic accounting and litigation support.
Kim has worked in litigation since 1992 and is often called as an expert witness in the areas of accounting, economic damages and forensic accounting. He has performed economic loss analysis in matters of intellectual property, contract disputes, loss of profits and personal injury cases. He has also performed special forensic engagements for local and state governmental agencies.
Kim is Certified in Financial Forensics by the AICPA, Accredited in Business Valuation and is also a Certified Fraud Examiner.
In the nonprofit world, Kim has significant accounting experience ranging from community-based organizations, and governmentally funded entities, to international religious organizations.
He spent the first 10 years of his career in staff and management positions in industry (Fortune 500 and NASDAQ). He performed financial analysis of manufacturing processes, product lines, and markets. Kim participated in business acquisitions, and assisted in contract and labor negotiations.
Kim presents Continuing Legal Education to law firms on a regular basis. He has also presented to the Long Beach Inn of Court and is an Associate Member of the Long Beach Bar Association.
Kim Onisko holds an active CPA license in California.
Outside of work, Kim enjoys sailing, running, and swimming.
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics, AICPA
- Accredited in Business Valuation, AICPA
- Member – California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Associate Member – Long Beach Bar Association
- Associate Member – Professional Fiduciary Association of California (PFAC)
- BS/Business Administration – University of Detroit
- MA/Business Management – Central Michigan University
- Graduate Studies/Taxation – Golden Gate University