Mark has devoted almost 20 years of experience to entrepreneurial companies.
Mark leads BPM’s Real Estate Industry Group, where he works with a wide verity of entities with portfolios of real estate, including private equity funds, REITS, developers, investment groups and family offices. With his background, he also continues to serve companies in traditional and emerging technology spaces.
As an Advisory Partner, Mark oversees a consulting and advisory accounting practice focused on real estate enterprise and fund accounting. This practice can provide a fully-integrated accounting back and front office solution.
As an Assurance Partner, his services include audits, reviews and agreed-upon procedures for public and private companies.
Mark enjoys the opportunity to advise, as well as opine, on many technical areas, including land and building acquisitions, development and construction, lessee and lessor accounting, specialized revenue recognition, complex equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance and initial public offerings. He is skilled in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles of the United States (US GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA) that are non-GAAP accounting protocols used to generate meaningful financial statements.
Mark Leverette holds an active CPA license in California.
Mark was the Captain of the UCLA Ski Team and got his start in accounting at Kirkwood Ski Resort after University.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- President of the Board of Directors – San Francisco Real Estate Exchange (SFREX)
- Treasurer of the Board of Directors – Future Scientist Organization
- Treasurer Emeritus − Board of Directors of the Young People’s Symphony Orchestra
- Mentor – Center for Entrepreneurship, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
- Active Member − UCLA Alumni Association
- Active Member – California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Active Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- BA/Business Economics & Accounting – University of California, Los Angeles
- Specializations in Accounting and Business – London School of Economics